Get FREE SHIPPING on most orders by signing up for our email newsletter below.
Browse popular categories below or use our book search.
Ada's Technical Books
425 15th Ave East
Seattle, WA 98112
Now in its third edition, this classic guide to software requirements engineering has been fully updated with new topics, examples, and guidance. Two leaders in the requirements community have teamed up to deliver a contemporary set of practices covering the full range of requirements development and management activities on software projects.
- Describes practical, effective, field-tested techniques for managing the requirements engineering process from end to end.
- Provides examples demonstrating how requirements "good practices" can lead to fewer change requests, higher customer satisfaction, and lower development costs.
- Fully updated with contemporary examples and many new practices and techniques.
- Describes how to apply effective requirements practices to agile projects and numerous other special project situations.
- Targeted to business analysts, developers, project managers, and other software project stakeholders who have a general understanding of the software development process.
- Shares the insights gleaned from the authors’ extensive experience delivering hundreds of software-requirements training courses, presentations, and webinars.
New chapters are included on specifying data requirements, writing high-quality functional requirements, and requirements reuse. Considerable depth has been added on business requirements, elicitation techniques, and nonfunctional requirements. In addition, new chapters recommend effective requirements practices for various special project situations, including enhancement and reengineering, package solutions, outsourced, business process automation, analytics and reporting, and real-time and embedded systems projects.
About the Author
Karl Wiegers, PhD, is a principal consultant with a software process consulting and education company. An expert in requirements engineering, process improvement, software quality, and project management, Karl has written several books, including the two previous editions of Software Requirements.
Joy Beatty, a leader in the software requirements community, has trained thousands of business analysts and helped major organizations build business-analysis centers of excellence. She is coauthor of Visual Models for Software Requirements.